Petone Twilight Christmas Parade: Our 6th Twilight Christmas Parade was held on a lovely spring evening on Friday, 22 November, with thousands of very happy people watching on. We have received great feedback about the parade from the public, and also from participants who really enjoy being part of a community parade.
• To the businesses who stayed open late and had parade specials – this added to the vibrancy of the Street on the night.
• To all those who had floats in the parade – there were 43 floats with over 600 participants – all local organisations, businesses, or clubs.
• To the many volunteers: parade marshalls, golf-cart drivers, mascots, various characters, as well as those who helped dress the parade characters
• To the Petone Community House for the use of their rooms for costume changing
• To Paul Coombes for all his help on Parade day and the next day
• To Jeremy from Garden Care Services and Mike Henderson (Efficient Movers & Storage) who helped the JSP Chair and staff organise the parade.
Sending a Letter to Santa: Children can post letters to Santa in the red mailbox which sits outside our front door, until the night of 13 December. Please let your customers/clients know and remind them to put a return address as all letters get a reply. A template can be downloaded by clicking this link
Santa’s Grotto: Our kiwiana-themed Grotto is now open every day until Sunday 22 December, with FREE entry. The Gift Room is again available to leave unwrapped presents for Parent’s Centre and Women’s Refuge. Please click on the link for times we are open
Opportunity for personal time with Santa – please let your customers/clients know OR you might like this for your own children or grandchildren: Santa will give you a present, he has an activity for you and you can have your photo taken with him! Book your moment with Santa via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us on 04 939-2811. Get a group together for only $35 per child for 15 minutes with the big red man (great for those with special needs).
Christmas Window Competition: Best of luck to the businesses who have entered the competition: The Celebrations Collective, Trade Aid Petone, Neko Ngeru Cat Adoption Cafe, Village Beads, Simon and Sarah Hair, Ora Kay – Natural Skincare and Gift Shop, Ellen G, Flowers Et Cetera, House of Knives, All About Kitchens and Bathrooms, Desiree Clothing, Paper Plus Select Petone, Jen De La Haye, and Wholy Mac – your windows are looking fab! The 3 judges will be judging the windows between 2-9 December.
Treasure Hunts: The popular Treasure Hunts are starting this weekend and the following two weekends in December from 11am-4pm. These hunts are designed to get your business known to the wider community.
Thank you to the following businesses taking part: Wright’s Travel Associates, Light Houe Cinema, Desiree Clothing, Wholy Mac, Crystal Haven, HUHA Shop, City Mission Store, Trade Aid Petone, Heaney on Jackson, Village Beads, Caffiend, UK Goodies, Neko Ngeru Cat Adoption Cafe, Paper Plus Select Petone, Dandelion Café, Petone Vet Hospital, Harding’s Furniture, Simon and Sarah Hair, Jaxon Rose, Schroedinger’s Books, Vivo Hair Salon, Style on Jackson, Bin Inn, The Spice Rack, and The Chocolate Story – we hope you have fun too!
Rosters will be sent out shortly, and volunteers will deliver clues and lollies on Thursday to those businesses rostered on this Saturday and Sunday (7 & 8 December).