This list below includes essential businesses and services operating on Jackson Street. We have checked with businesses so the list is as accurate as it can be. Please let us know if we have missed anything or need to make a change.
- Pak’n Save: 114 Jackson Street, open 7 days, 7am-10pm
- Countdown: 45 Jackson Street, open 7 days, 9am-8pm
- Gilmours: 33 Bouverie Street, open 7 days, 8am-4pm. Open ONLY to those who have a Gilmours card or Petone Workingmen’s Club members.
- Unichem Pharmacy Petone: 242 Jackson Street, open 7 days (please note: the NZ Post Shop is closed)
- Burns Pharmacy: 292 Jackson Street, open Monday-Saturday
- Countdown Pharmacy, 45 Jackson Street, open 7 days
Dairies: (one in – one out policy)
- Vimal Store: 216 Jackson Street
- Hansa Dairy: 276 Jackson Street
- Petone Convenience Store: 327 Jackson Street
- J & S Food Market, 399 Jackson Street
- Smile: 182 Hutt Road
- Shoreline Dairy: corner Bay Street & The Esplanade
- Scheckter’s Deli (formerly On Trays): 38 Fitzherbert Street, Wednesday-Saturday, 10am-2pm (deli side only)
- Oriental Cuisine Products: 168 Jackson Street
- Mitre 10 Mega: 25 Bouverie Street – open to tradies for essential services only
- Bunnings: 48 Hutt Road – open to tradies for essential services only
- ANZ: 265 Jackson Street – CLOSED – please go to https://www.anz.co.nz/here-to-help/banking-services/#branch-locations to find out where branches in the Wellington region are open.
- BNZ: 232 Jackson Street – CLOSED – please go to https://www.bnz.co.nz/locations/wellington to find out where branches in the Wellington region are open.
- Westpac: 45 Jackson Street – CLOSED – please go to https://www.westpac.co.nz/who-we-are/covid-19/branches-and-atms/ to find out where branches in the Wellington region are open.
**ATMs located outside of buildings are operating (although most businesses are no longer accepting cash)**
- Animates/Petone Vet Hospital: 374 Jackson Street, open 7 days
- Wellington After Hours Veterinary Clinic, 5 McCormack Place, Jarden Mile, Ngauranga
- 7pm – 8am Monday-Friday (last appointment: 7am)
- 12pm Saturday – 8am Monday (last appointment 7am)
- emergency care only; no access inside for pet owner – staff will come to you in the carpark BUT you must call first: 04 473 7545
- Nettl, 360 Jackson Street – staff are working remotely – please call: 0800 263885
- Succession First, Doreen Doolan Mall – please call: 04 939-6748
- Z: corner Jackson Street & Hutt Road, 7 days, 24 hours
- Pak’n Save Fuel: 59 Jackson Street, 7 days, 6am-10pm
- Allied: 4 Waione Street, 7 days, 6am-9pm
- Mobil: 3 Hutt Road, 7 days, 24 hours
- Gull: 30 Waione Street, 7 days, 24 hours
**no access to toilets at service stations**
- Capital Dental, 272 Jackson Street is CLOSED
- For a dental emergency – please email to notify them of your problem in detail with photos: email@example.com or text: 021 226 44 66 OR 021 226 44 55
- Please be patient and they will call you and accommodate you
Medical and Well-Being:
- call your medical centre first before visiting
- call your medical centre for prescriptions and non-emergency needs
- emergencies always call 111
- free phone service for all health queries
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 0800 611 116
- demand is high at present, call PlunketLine for under 5’s
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 0800 933 922
- free & open to all caregivers, you don’t need to be enrolled with Plunket
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 0800 REFUGE, 0800 733 843
Mental Wellbeing Support Line
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: phone or text 1737
- free text or call with a trained counsellor
- Fire, Police & Ambulance: – call 111 for all emergencies
- Police non-emergency – call 105
- You can report isolation breaches here: https://forms.police.govt.nz/forms/covid-19-l4-breach
Plumber (emergencies only):
- Plumbquick: call on 0800 758 643 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electrician (emergencies only):
https://www.dnaelectrical.co.nz/ available to undertake Essential Services work during the nationwide lockdown. … We have a team of trusted, skilled and professional electricians. We are Members of Masters Electricians NZ.
www.cdrelectrical.co.nz › Oven-Repair-Wellington Wellington electrical services for over 40 years. Covid-19 Lockdown – while the country is at Covid-19 Alert Level 4, we are closed for day to day business.
- passengers must board and exit only from the rear door.
- for mobility access:Metlink refers passengers to Total Mobility services 0800 801 700
- free until June and running on a special weekend timetable
- passengers must board the last 2 carriages only
- Hutt & City Taxis: are operating but only limited number are available – 04 570 0059
Warrant of Fitness and Driver Licences
Hutt City Council Services:
- Call centre open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week to support emergency and essential safety needs, including water and sewerage.
- Rates team are working to support those needing information or assistance
- Ph: 04 570 6666; or email: email@example.com
Silverstream Landfill & Recycling
- closed for domestic waste – use the kerbside collection
- limited service for account holders or others under special circumstances
- rubbish will be collected as per normal
- recycling won’t be collected except for glass, all other items to go in the rubbish
- access online services ebooks, magazines, etc: https://library.huttcity.govt.nz/cgi-bin/spydus.exe/MSGTRN/OPAC/ODBS
- Postal and courier services not available from any outlets. Couriers available for essential service providers only.
Find out more about Alert Level 4: https://covid19.govt.nz/government-ac…/covid-19-alert-level/