This is an unique situation that continues to change very rapidly. The Government recognises that it raises a number of questions and concerns for people – especially in the employment space.
For up to date information on COVID-19, please visit the links below. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Following this Link.
If you have a Wage subsidy and Leave Payment available to support employers affected by COVID-19. Apply here
All New Zealand employers who have been adversely affected by COVID-19 are eligible to apply. This includes:
- registered charities
- Non-government organisations (NGOs)
- the self-employed and sole traders
- incorporated societies, and
- post-settlement governance entities.
If you are an employer, contractor, sole trader or self-employed, you may qualify to get the COVID-19 wage subsidy.
- your business is registered and operating in New Zealand
- your employees are legally working in New Zealand
- the business has experienced a minimum 30% decline in actual or predicted revenue over the period of a month, when compared with the same month last year, and that decline is related to COVID-19
- your business has taken active steps to mitigate the impact of COVID-19
- you must retain the employees named in your application for the period of the subsidy.
Information for your Application
Your need to make sure your business and employee details are up-to-date with Inland Revenue (IR)
When you apply you will need to give them:
- Your IRD Number
- Your New Zealand Business Number (NZBN)
- Your business: Name, Address and Contact details
- Your Employee Details: (Full & Part Time) Names, IRD Numbers, Contact numbers